Monday, February 7, 2011

Microfiction Monday



Welcome to Microfiction Monday, where Susan at StonyRiver.ie posts a picture and lots of people write a 140-character piece of microfiction inspired by the picture.

My entry is:

As the students stared out at the clock, counting the minutes left in double Geography, Miss Regan stalked over to pull down the blinds.


In other news, the list of stories to be included in the 100 Stories for Queensland anthology has been released. I'm not on it sadly, but I am looking forward to reading what looks like a great selection!

14 comments:

  1. Well done! I remember well those staring at the clock days and can relate (for me it was math class). Ms. Regan is smart to pull the blinds. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's teachers, isn't it! Nice micro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Miss Regan is such a killjoy!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those last minutes in any class were counted.
    Smart teacher, I say!
    Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one way to get their attention. Good one! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot to be said for gazing out the window - especially during boring lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a former teacher, I can truly appreciate this one! Fun one for the day! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those minutes never seemed to move fast enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a party pooper Miss Regan is. I had a Geography teacher who must be Miss Regan's long lost twin!!! Great microfiction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, double geography! I don't blame the students.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the comments, guys! I haven't had a chance to read much MM this week because I've been laid up with stomach problems - looking forward to catching up!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!